Counterbalances are also commonly referred to as “forklift” or “lift truck”. There are two types of Counterbalance forklift trucks: Electric and Propane. Counterbalance forklift trucks are majorly used for heavy operational purposes at docks, large warehouses, and construction sites. Their operation is quite similar to a crane.
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating a counterbalance forklift. Experienced counterbalance forklift operators willing to refresh their working practices or renew their certificate can also enrol in our Refresher course. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their forklift training certification. Call today to know more about our course details.
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles;
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace safety;
- Pre-shift inspections & operational maintenance;
- Safe operating and load handling procedures;
- Pedestrian Awareness and the proper use of hand signals;
- Propane and battery handling techniques.
- Hands-on experience with counterbalance truck
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- Forklift safe starting procedures;
- Lifting a load with a forklift;
- Travelling with and placing a load with a forklift;
- Parking and immobilizing a counterbalance forklift device.
Please contact us today to find out more about our other courses and how can they be helpful for you(individually) or your organization.
Looking for a specific forklift training?
Check out our available forklift training courses and call us if you need any assistance regarding these courses.
Forklift Operator Training Mississauga
Need a recognized and highly-accepted Forklift Operator Certificate Today? Sign up and get your Forklift Operator Certificate with our simple, quick, and efficient OSHA-compliant Forklift Operator Certification Training.