WHMIS Safety Training Mississauga
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System is a Canada-wide standard to give employers and workers information about hazardous materials used in the workplace. The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) are laws, created in 1988 to:
- give employers and workers information about the hazardous products or chemicals they may be exposed to at work
- reduce workplace injuries and illnesses
Ontario’s WHMIS legislation applies to all workplaces except farms. Under WHMIS information on hazardous products must be delivered in three ways:
- labels on the containers of hazardous products
- safety data sheets, in addition to the label, with detailed hazard and precautionary information
- worker education programs
In this training course, you will learn to:
- recognize hazardous materials,
- how to deal with hazardous materials at the workplace
- preventive measures to cope up with accidents taking place due to these materials.
Looking for a specific forklift training?
Check out our available forklift training courses and call us if you need any assistance regarding these courses.